Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Childhood...looking back

Do you belong in the 90's kids? I still reminisce about my childhood, back then I have nothing in mind but to go out and spent the whole day playing, eat lunch at my neighbor's house and go home before dawn, dirty. I'm pretty sure that those moments of my life gave an extent to my strong personality and body up to this day. A Recollection of so much traditional games we enjoyed like,
Syato- (a stick game) makes use of two sticks, one longer than the other, hit the shorter stick with the longer stick as far as it can go and when this happens, the hitter will run to a marked area. Similar to baseball

Luksong Baka- (jump over the cow)The baka then assumes his position at a designated “jump over” spot. On the first level, he takes a crouching position and the rest of the players jump over him – one after another. When all the players have jumped over, the baka raises his position a bit higher for the next level.

Chinese Garter- The garter generally starts from the ankle – level and then knee – level, and so on until the garter is positioned over the head. Higher rounds demand agility since players leap with their feet first in the air and they cross over the garter and end up landing on the side.

Patintero- (block and catch) Patintero is played outdoors. The players are divided into two teams equal number, namely the runners and the taggers. The object of the runner is to get through all the lines back and forth without being tagged.

Tumbang preso- (knock down the can) with a certain tool and retrieve the same tool without being caught by the guard. The Game involves much physical activity like running.


And those are the few of many games that we enjoyed back in the day, including flying kites in the farm field, rolling my body in the grass hayshide and seekcooking real food in the empty canned goods using wood fire in the back yardcards gameplay moneyclimbing treesrunningjumping in the third floor of the abandoned construction site and a lot more. Mostly outdoors and physical games that really boosted my stamina. It helps stimulate growth, both physically and intellectually.
Traditional games are chart-topping activities among people who live in rural areas. It has been played by our society for a long time. Nowadays, most of the traditional games are being abandoned by the children of this modern era as the gadgets are more attractive for them. However, some of the children who live in rural areas are still interested to play traditional games. There is no doubt that playing traditional games has its own advantages to the players.
Way far to what the kids can enjoy nowadays. Kids nowadays don’t know about games that are made of handicrafts. They only know about mobile or internet games. But, on the positive side, children are able to use technology devices early on. Some children play a modern game under the guidance of parents. As a result they gain supervision and coaching to gain knowledge of the modern game. But staying just at home playing video games while laying in bed is also not ideal for the kid's development in terms of the physical body and mental development in some ways.
Considering myself that I aged with those physical games that build my strong stamina and boost my social interaction towards other people. I hardly ever get a cold, bug or infection, My co-workers are not even bothered to help if they saw me lifting things for they know I use to do it by myself without complaining, comparing myself to those other who easily get tired. I enjoyed my childhood I can say, I had the best memories playing outdoors, and overall I have never-ending stories to share with my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment